Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back in a city / post paradise

Who would've thought that down in the middle of nowhere, living in a nature paradise, that I would have better Internet connections than in one of the largest cities, Istanbul. Life was good down there!  And i apologize for the lack of posts. I've made it back to the big city and have adjusted to the lights, noise, people, pollution and always something to do. I miss paradise, but this city is something. Good to be back!

I've been teaching some private English lessons (the main reason i left paradise in the south to come back), exploring the nearby islands, seeing friends again, eating loads of food (as there is variety again!  Not just one kitchen down south). And of course walking all over the city having fun and soaking it in. Feels good to be on the ferries again, drinking fresh pomegranate juice on the streets and eating amazing tahini rolls from the local bakery. 

I'll get pictures up soon, once Internet is restored at my apartment. Been some nice views of the mosques and palaces here since I've been back. The Sun is shining and the birds are flying!  Hope you are too. 

I'll be in istanbul for another month or so before traveling to meet my family in Portugal for Christmas. Taking the fun and adventurous way, aka by land. Aiming to snowboard and meet friends along the way from Bulgaria to Sarajevo, Bosnia and beyond. Got to keep on enjoying the world after taking it easy in just a couple of places in Turkey. 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm thrilled that you and Bee met up and took a photo for me! Looks like you're making new friends all over the place, as usual. :)