Thursday, November 6, 2014

Santa Cruz

So I'm settling into the amazing beach town of Santa Cruz.  This place has blown me away with friendliness, sunshine, good vibes and some amazing food so far.  After just a few days here, I knew this would be a good spot to get back to my California roots and live in the US again.  It's situated on the north end of the Monterey Bay, which cuts down on the amount of wind that a lot of this coast gets, and also seems to have more sunshine.  Either way, I'm seeing lots of blue skies and having some warm days, while the East Coast has already had snow, so I am plain old loving it!

I've got a room for the month of November covered and am currently looking for a job.  Just bought the bike today, so I've got wheels, and have spent a lot of time walking and exploring all over, so I've definitely got a good feel for the city and where things are at.  Already had two job interviews and been chatting up lots of people, digging for that perfect job.  It's out there!

Here are a few pictures from the life in Santa Cruz so far:

Sunset at Twin Lakes Beach

The infamous Santa Cruz Boardwalk

Quiet beach life

Righteous people in these parts

Surfers out at Pleasure Point


No comments: