Monday, March 13, 2017

Beach time

I've been in the north of Peru for a few days now, relaxing in the beach town of Mancora. My hostel is right on the beach, so I literally roll out of bed, get in the water, and then have breakfast. Just can't beat that. Or the fact that my hostel is made up of 4 cabanas,and that there is saltwater in the outdoor showers.

I've been surfing, hiking, doing yoga and reading the last few days as well as meeting some new friends. The surf was small and sadly this week in Peru's surf capital was lacking. Still good to get out in the water though. Yoga near the beach is always a pleasure, and the hot weather has already made me quite flexible. Feeling good!

This town is a sandals only kind of place. Warm, sweaty nights under a mosquito net don't exactly rest you up though. Still,  it's been a nice change from the cold weather in the Andes. No alpaca sweaters needed here. Just sunscreen.

No comments: