Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Luxembourg (small and empty)

So far, I have been to 25 countries and like all of them and would travel back to all of them. Luxembourg, my 26th country, was the first that I actually would not go back to. Perhaps it was that we were there too long ( 26 hours to be precise) or that there was hardly anyone there on the weekend. But I have had my fill of the little land known as Luxembourg, where there is a beautiful valley with nothing too spectacular on top of them. Some cool bridges, but no church, castle or other building that has come to define so many towns. Not to be mean, but nothing stood out.

Two good things about Luxembourg to compliment the negative: 1. a huge, steep, grassy hill that I ran to the top of, and rolled down. Got rolling pretty quick and out of control so I tried to stop, but couldn't, ended up doing a sommersault and landing on my feet, running crookedly and dizzily falling down and rolling even more. Grass stains all over my pants, shoes and jacket, along with a scrapped up elbow, but well worth it. 2. a huge playground. Gigantic pirate ship to play in with full netting, huge slide (30 feet tall) and water pumps and water sluces to play with. The kids in Luxembourg are spoiled.

If you are in the area of Luxembourg in the future, I highly recommend a day trip of only a few hours, the Natural History/Modern Art Museum is free for students and touring the Casements (20km of tunnels throughout the hills) are interesting. But a night is not necessary there.

No comments: