Monday, February 11, 2008

A German flu

So Ive been stuck at home the last five days on doctors orders with the flu. Been feeling like crap, several fevers and constantly sleeping, trying to get over it.
Perks of the flu in Germany include finding a doctors office that will take my insurance. After 3 doctors, I finally found one that would take my insurance. Id been all over town, sweating through several layers in 40 degree weather. The negative on the doctor I found, was that he was closed for the next 3 hours.

So I came back at 3pm, filled out my paperwork, and waited in the waiting room where all the people coming in wished each other Good Day. After the doctor checked out my tounge and my breathing, said I had the flu infection, I went to a pharmacy. At the pharmacy you simply hand them your prescription paper, they go to a ton of drawers and go through them finding the medicine on your sheet, come back and ring it in and then you are set. And then you get your prescription paper back leaving no trace that you were there.

No comments: