Saturday, June 14, 2008

Going away party

I'm in my last week in Erfurt. I leave next Friday for the southwest of Germany to visit friends for a few days before flying to Croatia. Last night I had a going away barbeque with a bunch of friends. At the high point, we had 19 people there, plus my roomate Stefan and I. It was awesome, grilling outside with good company, watching soccer on my laptop (Netherlands whooping up on France). Towards the end of the game, it started to rain, so we rushed everything inside, cramming into the kitchen and my bedroom to watch the rest of the game.

After the game was over, we bumped some German music, and then set off for the action in the city, where a huge festival is taking place this weekend. More good times with great people. I'm going to miss everyone here, having made many good friends after just 9 months in Erfurt. The good news is many are still at the start of the university, so they have another 2 years, meaning I can come back for a visit in the near future.

With Ernie, Max and Christian and some local beer from Baden Wurtemburg

Watching the Netherlands beat France outside, streaming it live

Inside the kitchen after the rain started up, with Irish and bald Brendan in the foreground

Kicking it in the bedroom, watching the game

Downtown Erfurt with the crew

No comments: