Monday, April 27, 2009

Me and Katy down by the schoolyard

So I'm a bonafide catsitter these days. Yup, a change of career. This one pays differently, tossing in free accomation in a 3 story townhouse, minus any actual payment. So I'm living like a king, out in a nice suburb, living with a cat and taking a bus to work.

The life is good out here, except for the bad weather which has been rainy, windy and cloudy for a few days now. Had to borrow a bike to get into work before 6am yesterday and lets just say, the ride wasn't that nice. But the perks of not paying rent and getting the cash flow problem fixed are quite nice. The main problem with the cash flow, was that there was no cash flowing in for 2 months of travel in a van, therefore, the account got down to the double digits and I got back to working. Now with money coming in and not much going out, the future looks like I found the golden treasure of El Dorado.

I've got a sweet view from my bedroom on the third story. Overlooking a huge park with several playing fields, and Mount Kaukau across the way. I'm up on a hill which is wicked, giving a sort of valley texture to the area between myself and the mountain. I've attached a photo of a sunrise and will get more once the current clouds go away.

Hope all is rocking with everyone. Enjoy the pictures

Katy giving me the staredown

Spotting something much more interesting outside

What's that, who's playing reggae?

Sunrise colours at 6:20, time to head off to work

No comments: