Thursday, May 14, 2009

New flat

The whole top is ours, big balcony and huge living room.

The view from the balcony of the harbour and city


While I've been cat sitting out in the ritzy suburbs, I've been looking for a new flat in town, one that I aim to stick with for the next 10 months or so of my stay in Wellington. After checking out a couple duds, I viewed one last night that was perfect. Such a wicked house with an amazing view. I don't move in for a week and a half while I cat sit, but I'm getting pretty pumped about it.

The flat is the whole top floor of a huge house, with a big balcony out back overlooking the whole city and harbour, plus a back balcony. Inside, when you come up the stairs, you are in the middle of the flat with everything all around you. Nice big kitchen and dining room, plus a spacious living room with lots of couches.

I'll have 4 flatmates, 3 girls and 1 guy. All around the same age and all workers. Going to be good company and many good times to come.

The price is super cheap for what it is and the location. I'm about a 5 minute walk to work downhill and 7 minutes uphill back to the flat so it's perfect.

Things have come along nicely. Working on getting the medical exam taken care of to extend my visa and once that's done, I'll be set to live in a cool flat, with a great job and an extended visa for a long happy time.

No comments: