Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back in the USA

So after 6 months I made it back to the USA. Went to 11 countries in between here and where I started, New Zealand. Most of the time I was in Asia, almost 5 months total, eating a lot of rice and noodles, plus checking out heaps of temples. Should almost get a honorary Buddhist degree after this trip. Wore sandals and shorts 95% of the time, living the good life in constant summer for over half a year.

I last left off the blog when I went to China, where internet is a bit tricky with lots of sites blocked off, including this one. I spent 28 days there, taking overnight buses everywhere, seeing lots of cities and not that many other foreigners. After China I was in Japan for 2 weeks, where I hiked Mt Fuji, saw some cool temples and met up with an old university friend. The last stop of the trip was Hawaii for 2 weeks to relax on the beach, and that wraps up the missing 2 months in between this post and the last.

Now I'm chilling out in Boston, resting up, and liking not having to repack and move out with my backpack every few days. I've got over 4000 photos to go through, some already online, but more will be coming in the near future. Nice to be back in the land of civilized internet and English.

No comments: