Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dodgers!!!

I have a ticket stub from my 1st birthday at a Dodgers game. From growing up in LA, I will always been a Dodgers fan, and when I heard that the Dodgers were coming up to the Northwest to play the Seattle Mariners for the first time in 12 years, I rallied the troops and headed to Seattle to catch the series. And yes, that means I went to all 3 games.

It was amazing to watch the team for 3 straight games. It wasn't too much baseball. Kinda felt just right. Portland needs a team again. Definitely a great sport, and there's nothing finer than being outside, in warm weather, with good company, cheering (and jeering) over a game involving a bat and a ball.

While up in Seattle, I got to see a bunch of old friends. Some I hadn't seen in 5 years, others, I hadn't seen since I had arthritis and couldn't walk in Hawaii. Great times reconnecting and kicking back.

Here's some pictures of the highlights:

Game 3 in center field crew





 








Game 1 crew (Dodgers only loss of series)



 










Last year's Cy Young winning pitcher, Clayton Kershaw pitching to Ichiro Suzuki


















Loving me some Dodger baseball!
 








 

View of downtown from Safeco Field

No comments: