Friday, August 9, 2013

Off to Israel

My flight from Sarajevo to Istanbul was supposed to arrive at 2:55pm.  We landed at 1:15pm according to my watch.  I had no clue what time it was.

Bosnia has been amazing.  A great culture with people who have lived through war and can still enjoy life.  Loads of unemployment, still some dislike towards other religious groups, and yet, I had a great overall experience.  It's a slow life of drinking lots of coffee, talking with friends and cracking jokes.  Most people are still nearby their families and know the people who live around them.  Quite nice and I easily see myself coming back for another visit soon.  Especially as all the locals in Sarajevo telling me I'm missing their big film festival and that's a problem.

I met some amazing new friends in Sarajevo.  Hearing their personal stories from the war, from the lack of humanitarian aid they received to going through the Tunnel of Hope to escape to new clothes, have been powerful.  We can talk about music and culture from the 90's, but then there is something so completely different from our lives back then.  It's been good to learn more about what happened, and what is currently happening in this troubled country.  

That's it from the Istanbul airport.  Go Dodgers!  Number 1!

No comments: