Sunday, August 30, 2020

Days 2-3 on the trail

 The above shows a typical Northwest scene. Pine and for trees, often  rock fall and a trail leading the way somewhere. As I got further away from Mount Hood, I could really see how far I’d gone. On day two I did 14 miles. Day three was 15 miles. And that up with they won, and that’s an even 50 miles over three days. So much scenery, so many trees, so many miles, and some tired legs. But the payoff was to come the next day when I got to the lakes by Ollalie Lake. Alpine Lakes for days…

Photos from day 2 and 3:
Good old trail markers leading the way 

Happy hiker  on his way To Warm Springs River, really a creek right now



Follow the trail they say...


My pack and newly acquired walking stick. Knees already feeling the miles


Dehydrated stew and a river ice bath on night two 


Hood getting further away, 30+ miles away now from where started hiking 


Out of the forest with cascade views behind and my su hat on setting the trends


Nicely maintained trails 


Out whooping it up!




No comments: