Monday, October 8, 2007

Cooking school day 1

I just had my first day of class today at the cooking school. My day is from 7:30 until about 3pm, quite long compared to the other people in my program who have one or two classes a day. It was longer than expected, but for most of today I was cooking or preparing food. After getting suited up in the typical chef outfit, consisting from the hat, to the jacket to the checkered pants, I got a tour of the kitchen, with lots of appliances and things I have not worked with before so it will be good to learn to use those.
There are about 15 other people in my class right now, who were in the main kitchen doing the cooking. I think I am going into a different class next week as this one as a two week fall break starting next week. It would be nice to have the break right at the start, but I should be in a class that fits me better.

No comments: