Friday, November 9, 2007

Germans and garlic

Germans use barely any garlic over here. I keep telling my chefs to use more garlic but then out comes the lecture about how people at work don't want to smell garlic on other people's breathe. So we can't use that much for the lunches we serve.
I countered with if everyone ate the same, with lots of garlic, then there would be no problem as everyone would be in the same boat. Herr Keitel said that it's like going to the dentist and having the dentist reek of garlic. I said that it would be just another reason to hate going to the dentist.
My friend Eliza had her neighbor in her apartment building knock on her door to tell her that she was using too much garlic. Seems to be a touchy issue over here, so I'll keep using as much garlic as I like to balance out the system.

No comments: