Sunday, September 1, 2013

Krygyzstan Bound!

It's been a wicked 3 weeks in the Middle East and now I'm taking the Justus World Tour to Central Asia to visit a fairly unknown country called Kyrgyzstan.  Where's that? 



Yeah, it's probably right where you thought it was, stuck in there with all those 'Stans you can't remember.  It's a former Soviet country that has the easiest visas situation in the area, and is known for amazing hikes, lakes, mountains, yurts, fermented horse milk and tasty goat meat.  Oh, and just days ago, the bubonic plague.  The trick to not getting the plague is to have your marmots cooked well done.

I'm meeting two friends in the capital city, Bishkek, and from there we will be taking on the country, hiking and eating apples.  Apples, which originated in this area, as you know of course.  My friend Eliza has a permit to import seeds from Kyrgyzstan, so we'll be right in the apple mix most of the time, as well as seeing how life is on the former Silk Road.  I aim to eat as many apples as possible, before the fiber impact kicks in.  Who knows, maybe I can reach the goal of 50 apples in 21 days.

Israel was amazing.  I have definitely enjoyed my time here, from being in the north surrounded by Lebanon and Syria, where there is rivers, waterfalls and green bushes that remind me of the California hills, all the way to the big city of Tel Aviv which is a mixture of the party city on the beach Miami, the laidback neighborhoods of Los Angeles and the going against the rules of NYC.  It's been a great time here, and I definitely would like to stay longer.  Just been relaxing with friends on the Shabbat and taking it easy after doing as much as possible in a short period of time.  Got to be fresh for Kyrgyzstan.

Anyways, that's it from me.  Next stop, Central Asia!


No comments: