Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One year of travels!

One year ago today, on the 1st of May, 2013, I started my travels in Iceland.  From that early morning start (arriving to just above freezing temperatures at 6:30am) I bounced around 21 countries and ended here in Melbourne.  Some countries were just a quick visit, others like Turkey and Australia, have been for multiple months.  It has been a blast and I want to thank everyone who has made this such a great trip.  So much fun to reconnect with old friends and make new friends in each country, living an adventurous, spontaneous life that took me to many a new place.  Can't say no to something new and exciting.

Although it was snowing in Iceland, I considered the start of the trip, the start of summer.  With an extended summer in the south of Turkey, I had over 6 solid months of summer, before a couple autumn months, a few weeks of winter (snow in Bosnia and then snowboarding in Andorra) and then back to milder winter temperatures in Portugal and Morocco.  Then straight to the middle of summer in Australia where the weather is still decent.  It's be amazing to be out in the world with good weather, blue skies and happy people (sunshine makes people happy, proven fact).  Sometime in the near future I'll be heading back to the US for more summertime.  Looking forward to it!

Hope everyone is loving life and smiling!  You know I am.

Cheers,
Justus


Autumn has started in Australia

No comments: