Friday, January 11, 2008

Another day in Germany

I got tricked by the German language again today. I saw a sign for a shop advertising restaurant antiques, so I decided to check it out. Turns out that the word restaurieren does not mean restaurants, but rather to restore. So I walked into a shop that restores antiques, not exactly my cup of tea.

Today at work I got to make 75 Rinderroulade, basically a long, wide piece of meat from a cow, with bacon, pickle slices and onions rolled up in it. Then we baked it for an hour adding homemade broth for the sauce and then we had our dish. had some of it, and it was mighty tasty.

Im heading off to Frankfurt on Monday to be trained by Berlitz Language Schools. Pretty soon Ill be a qualified, trained English teacher for Berlitz. The job pays well, the people there are fun, and it's very flexible. And apart from the 7 hours of training in Frankfurt, they pay for the hotel and transportation costs, meaning its like a free vacation. So Im pretty excited to be camping out in the transportation and finance hub of Germany for 5 days, with little cost

No comments: