Saturday, January 5, 2008

Schnurrbart und Feuerkugel

Here's a quick German lesson. The first word, Schnurrbart which looks funny, means moustache, something that I find funny. It is also something that I have on my face after shaving the lower part of my goatee. Haven't seen my chin in over a year, so I'm spending a lot of time looking into the mirror, laughing mostly.


Reasons for a moustache: 1)it's funny, 2) I wear a scarf that covers up my chin most of the time so people probably already think I have a moustache, 3) Tom Selleck is the main and needs some more moustache wearing people




The second word, Feuerkugel means Fireball. It also happens to be the name of the restaurant where I will start my internship Monday morning. I'll be working about 5 days a week in the kitchen, learning the ropes and getting a good inside look into German cuisine. Looking foward to the opportunities there.

If you want to check out the restaurant, here is their website: http://www.feuerkugel-erfurt.de/ All in German, but you might understand a few things.




If you click on the photos, you can see them larger in a new window

1 comment:

JW Doom said...

The stash died out for a reason. Let it go.