Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bali

So I made it in Sunday night to Bali, pouring rain outside made it fun on the taxi ride to my couch surfers house where I spent the next 2 nights. I explored Denpasar for a day checking out the streets filled with the local life, seeing only 3 white tourists all day. Which meant lots of walking around like a celebrity and having people wave to me and look at me wondering what I was doing with no main draws nearby. Fun to see the food stalls everwhere, people selling petrol out of absolute vodka bottles on the street, trash thrown around everywhere, shops selling practically everything, and lots of bargaining going on.

Today, I took a couple of minibuses to catch the ferry to Lombok, the island next door. The plan is to go as far away from bali at the start and then work my way back. Got ripped off on the ferry as was expected, but it's still cheap overall, but not like what the locals pay. Everyone raises the prices for the tourists, with that sexy white skin giving us away.

On the new island, I set up a tour to the paradise of Gili Trawangan, a small island on the ne coast of Lombok. Going to learn to scuba dive with a 4day course and then chill on the beach for a week total tiime. Then back to Lombok to hike the highest volcano over3 days and 2 nights, getting to watch the lava at the night and see the lakes at the top. So I've got my next 10 days booked and spent too much money in one day. Meaning basic fried noodle dinner before going back to my hotel room, snazzy with a fan up above.

So that's it for me, off to paradse tomorrow where i hope it isn't raining so much. Been raining pretty much all day today, so time to get to teh small island with no mountains to attract the rain. 3km x 2km so pretty small

No comments: