Friday, April 9, 2010

In Sydney

So I made it up from Melbourne to Sydney. Had been having a wicked time in Melbourne, made several friends and had a few places to stay through couch surfing, but decided to move up north to the big city in order to have a few days there and then a few days in Brisbane before taking off for Bali on the 18th.

I met a German named Herbert who was also going up to Sydney and decided he wouldn't kill me, and got a lift up with him, sharing petrol costs. Took 2 days, stopping off a few places, mostly for me to swim in the ocean. Nothing finer. Definitely more fun than going on the bus and got to talk a little German, plus learn some tips on traveling in SE Asia.

Arrived in the evening of Friday in Sydney and went to meet my couch surfing host, who happened to be having his big Seder dinner with his family. So Herbert and I had a big old feast with everyone and a fun night meeting the family. Turns out my host, Landon's brother, just had a baby named Justice so got to meet the mini version of my self. Pretty damn cool I'll tell ya.

Now up ready to rock a street festival nearby and explore the city for several days.

Pictures will be coming soon, from Melbourne and beyond.

No comments: