Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brisbane

Chris, Hannah, Sandra and myself lawn bowling it up


Chilling with Chris, Sandra and Andrea by the Brisbane River
So I've been in Brisbane for a few days now, my last stop in Australia. I took the easy and almost as cheap option as taking the road up from Sydney, and flew here. 1.5 hours or 14 hours, was a no brainer. More time in the city to relax and chill, rather than perhaps more money on the road.

I've been enjoying it so far, good weather until today, so I've just been kicking it with a good coffee and now free internet at the library. Lots to do in the city, although Melbourne still ranks as the best city in Australia for me.

Been couch surfing here and everywhere, and again have made some good friends to explore the city with. Chris from Germany and Sandra from Denmark have both been good companions for exploring Brisbane. We've been lawn bowling with another couch surfer, spent time at the fake beach by the river, explored the funky parts of town, and had too many burgers in a short time, but rocked it anyways.

On Sunday, I'm off for Bali, the first country of many where English is not the number one language. Going to be amazing. New adventures to come. Looking to scuba dive, hike a volcano, chill on the beach and live it up. And probably repeat myself by writing that over and over in each blog, but it's going to be great.

No comments: