Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lombok, Indonesia

I got out of Bali as soon as possible to get as far away as I would go on my trip to enjoy the quiet beach life and then slowly head back. So far it's going perfectly according to plan and everyone is saying that Bali isn't all that great, and that where I was on a small island was so much better. I definitely agree.

Gili Trawangan is an amazing small island packed full of culture, craziness, accomodation, cafes and bars, with no cars, just horse carts and bikes. I loved the place and spent 8 nights there, learning to dive, hiking, meeting new people and enjoying the great weather on the beach.

Diving was amazing. Started right off in the ocean, no swimming pool or theory for me, just the real deal. First time in the water was 6 meters and I ended up on my last dive going 30 meters, about 65 feet. I saw a shark, sting rays, an eel and several turtles on my last dive, definitely making it the best. Every dive, 7 in total, I saw turtles and got to pet them and watch them eat under water, way wicked. I saw Nemo every day too, chillig in his suction cup plant. I'm now officially qualified as a diver, to go up to 18 meters anywhere in the world.

No comments: