Monday, January 6, 2014

As a traveler out here bouncing around the world, there are great experiences every day and if I don't write about them, it's already on to the next adventure. So to recap the last few days, I left my family after an amazing 2 weeks exploring Portugal together and celebrating the holidays. Then I went by bus to Sevilla, Spain to check out the city. Amazing!  Loved that place. 

Sevilla has perhaps the best city center in Spain. Very easy to get around, lots to see, some crazy history, 3 religions all meeting in the middle at certain points in history and orange trees everywhere. It's even got the royal tobacco factory which has some entertaining stories and now holds the university. I did a walking tour and then checked out the Alcazar Royal Palace which is mind blowing in terms of size and quality. Easy to get lost there with a smile on your face. After there I wandered the small barrios enjoying the sights and sounds of the city. 

Just one day and I was hooked on Sevilla. Perhaps my new favorite city in Spain. The city center on the river is amazing. Granada still has the best palace and views. Barcelona had the best barrios and vibes. Madrid has the best museums. And the best football?  Can't write it here without getting in trouble. 

And after the quick visit to Sevilla, i went to Morocco. That's right, I'm back in Africa again. Living it up in Tangier right now with some good couch surfers and getting to know the city. Fun times here, exploring the city and enjoying being back in an Arabic country. I actually do enjoy traveling around this sort of country. Some things like how they drive is just totally free and allows people to flow better. It might be a bit too chaotic at times and people and cars are almost being hit all the time, but it's a nice loose structure which I like. 

More to come later on the adventures here. Im getting picked up by another couch surfer to drive to his city and keep the adventures rolling. Been great food so far and the local Moroccan tea is amazing (green tea with fresh mint and sugar). The good life!

No comments: