Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Melbourne is what's happening!

Blue skies in the Melbourne CBD


After that massive amount of travel, and a few days here in Melbourne, I'm finally back to feeling normal and am catching up on the blog.  The first few days have been amazing, seeing old friends, meeting new people, having a pool party and enjoying some truly hot weather.  This is not the European wintertime I came from, this is hot!  Too hot for most of the locals, with it hovering around 100 degrees Fahrenheit.  Perfect for hanging out at the inflatable pool at the place I am staying. 

I'm staying with friends right now in a fun area of town, close to cafes and shops.  Soon I'll be moving to a new part of town to a different couch as I keep trying to sort out the living situation.  It's actually nice to bounce around a little, to get to know the city better.  So many cool parts to live in and this is like a test run.  I'm leaning towards one of the neighborhoods in the north, where most of my friends live.

I've got some job applications out there as I attempt to work myself back into the workforce of the world.  They say that finding a job is a job in itself, and that is true, but this is also summertime in Australia, so I'm having a wee bit of fun as well.  I'm staying right nearby a park, and we have a dog here that loves to play, so lots of outdoors activities.  The life is good!

The infamous Moroccan carpets I plan to sell, with my backpack.  Both are here safely (backpack 12 hours after me)

Cafe streets in Melbourne

Street musicians all over

Super Bowl coming up!  Sea-Hawks!!!!

Fitzroy, one of the better neighborhoods, as seen from a rooftop cafe

The CBD from a distance.  Still sunny and hot at 8pm!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Looks like you've already hit Naked in the Sky -- well done, you!