Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fes


Blue Gate


After the blue city of Chefchaouen, I took a super bouncy bus down to Fes, the cultural capital of Morocco. So much life, activity and people!  Definitely the fullest city I've been to, and you feel more going on and get pushed around a little bit more than the others.  But it's been a good overall experience and I've enjoyed seeing the sights and meeting some good people.  Eating mandarins for $.25 a kilo, drinking lots of mint tea, eating potato cake topped with cumin and paprika and drinking some mighty strong coffee.

The sights are nice, but not as good as other places.  Just so big and a crazy city full of life.  The pictures show a little bit of what's going on.  More to come later.  Need to be out with the people exploring and having fun.

Tonight I take an overnight bus to the desert, to a small village called Merzouga.  Right in the Sahara! I'll be going out on a camel into the desert to sleep in a tent.  That's what I say now.  Who knows what will happen.  Guaranteed good times though.  Justus takes on the Sahara!  Viva Morocco!

Trying to make the donkey's life a bit happier

Pound it!

Cactus

Eating the ripe, juicy cactus fruit

Maria and I feasting on cactus!

Good views from the cafe terrace

Coffee and spices in bulk everywhere

No comments: