Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm a Kiwi now

Made it! All the way through Monday, which I missed on my flight leaving Sunday night and arriving Tuesday morning in Fiji. The meals in the plane flying to the southern hemisphere as to be expected, were backwards. Started with dinner, then lunch and then breakfast before landing at 5am. Not too bad to start the day. After leaving the amazing looking island of Fiji, we landed in Auckland, where I hustled through immigration to grab my bags and head to the domestic terminal which is smaller than expected for the largest city in NZ. The one baggage claim was right next to ticketing and there was no line at the security. Super simple, small, but clean and rocking at the same time. And secure, as out of all the airports I've been in recently, they were the only ones to ask me about my harmonica, as seen in the x-ray.

I'm staying with family friends a bit north of Wellington, and got up this morning for a walk on the beach, passing an old shipwreck in the sand from the 1920s, looking off at a large island that is a bird sanctuary and looking south at the South Island. Amazingly beautiful and as they say down here, fantastic.

I've got 4 apartments to view and one job interview tomorrow already on my first trip into the city since arriving Tuesday evening. Moving quickly and hope to have things settled asap and get to rocking the big city. Things are going grand and get better every minute.

No comments: