Thursday, October 2, 2008

NZ pictures

My first view of Wellington from the airplane, a San Francisco like city of hills surrounding a harbour

Kapiti Island off the coast

The beach we go walking on every morning


Yesterday I viewed 5 flats and had one job interview. It was my first day actually in Wellington, getting to know the city and explore. Fun times throughout, although tiring after 10 hours of walking around taking it all in. Out of the apartments, only 2 seemed alright and for certain reasons, I'm passing on both for right now. Can't cut myself short.

The job interview went good, and I have a trial run on Monday. I'd be the day chef, running things during the day, with a couple cooks under me and working on the menu and food orders. It would be a step up from my last job, so that seems sweet and it's in a great part of town. So we'll see how Monday goes, as well as a meeting I have with a chef friend of a friend tomorrow who will give me the ins and outs of cooking in Wellington. Gotta use the connections to find out what's up.

No comments: