Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday I moved for the third time to a friend of a friends place. Great view from the house and on 2 bus lines, making me accessible to the city on my own for the first time. Quite nice and in a fun area. After moving in, we set out to hike Mt. Kaukau, a nearby hill/mountain. Sweet hike with great views and a grassy field at the top. The landscape keeps changing here, with a tropical start along a creek, to pines at the top of the mountain in the higher altitude. Sweet views of Wellington and its harbor, plus the south island in the distance. The top of the south island is actually north of Wellington, which is on the lowest part of the north island.


Monday and today, Tuesday, I’ve been working at Plum CafĂ©, plumcafe.co.nz. Working kinda as the head chef during the daytime, cooking all the food, being in charge of prep and working on food orders. I’m working on putting some new things on the menu, which during the day is brunch food. Going to be putting on a breakfast burrito and a quiche if all goes according to plan. The owners like my ideas and want to keep me around, but I’m going to be moving on soon, looking for a better, more organized place. Already got a job trial set up at a new restaurant where I’d be one of the main 3 chefs running the place, so that sounds promising. Got a bank account, a tax number and the apartment starts next Thursday, so life is rocking down in NZ.


Wellington, as seen from Mt. Kaukau

Ah, the New Zealand life, just another average view

Best weekend weather yet

No comments: